Tampa Rotaract Club is Tampa’s community-based Rotaract Club. It is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Tampa Bay and Rotary District 6890. The club was founded in 2012, and has consistently grown since then.
Rotary International developed the Rotaract program for younger men and women in 1968, and it has now grown into a major Rotary-sponsored organization of more than 9,000 clubs around the world with more than 210,000 members.
Tampa Rotaract Club is a community service and leadership organization for young adults between the ages 21-35 who believe they can make a difference in their community and the world. Rotaract’s primary mission does not differ from the underlying principle of Rotary: Service Above Self.
The goals of Rotaract are:
1. To develop professional and leadership skills;
2. To emphasize respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations;
3. To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and the world;
4. To provide opportunities for working in cooperation with sponsoring Rotary clubs; and
5. To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary.
Clubs around the world also take part in international service projects in a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world. The Tampa Rotaract Club has a “twin club”, Rotaract Indaial, in Brazil who have a great partnership of fellowship and service with.
If you want to know more or are interested in becoming a member of Tampa Rotaract Club, please contact us.